What is it?
- FREE messages from your local police officers about policing and crime matters in your area
- You can receive free messages by email, text or voicemail
- You can choose which organisations to receive messages from and the type of information you receive
- Currently messages are being sent by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire and Swindon Neighbourhood Watch and Action Fraud. This will soon be extending to include other watch schemes, including Horse and Farm Watch, and potentially partner agencies in the future
- You can reply to messages from your local officers to help them better police your area, such as by responding to police appeals for information
- You can also join a neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area or request to start a new one
- Swindon Community Messaging aims to improve the flow of information between communities and the police.
How do I get involved?
Wiltshire Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire and Swindon, Angus Macpherson, wish to involve communities in the prevention and reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour. Signing up to Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging is free, quick and easy. You can sign up online for free now by clicking the purple ‘Join’ button on the website- https://www.wiltsmessaging.co.uk/ With their permission, you can sign up a family member or friend if they don’t have Internet access.
You can change your preference or unsubscribe to th system at any time by logging in to your account (click ‘Sign In’ above) or emailing email@example.com
Why not get involved and join today?
Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging is NOT monitored 24 hours a day. Always call 999 in an emergency or 101 in a non-emergency.