Involve Swindon, the local employee volunteering network, is looking for new projects or volunteering opportunities in Wiltshire that teams of or individual employee volunteers can get involved in. Projects like
- Decorating community centres or youth clubs,
- Painting play equipment or fences / railings outside
- Helping out with the creation of community gardens
- Tree planting or other environmental conservation
- Sorting, cleaning and clearing in charity shops/warehouses
- Helping with pre-organised CV / interview skills days
- Putting up Christmas decorations in care homes
- Helping out at a Christmas party or fun day
- Setting up before / after events
- Helping with pre-arranged bucket collections / bag packs
- Making a collection of clothes, toys, books for disadvantaged people
In fact anything that a group of volunteers could realistically achieve in a day or two.
We’re also keen to hear from you if you have an opportunity that requires a skilled volunteer for a short one-off piece of work: anything from buddying a charity manager to getting to grips with excel to proof reading to facilitating a workshop and more.
Just a couple of things to be aware of:-
- The volunteers are usually office based staff so only basic DIY projects like painting & decorating, no plumbing, electrical or construction work
- Teams and individuals usually only have 1 or 2 days during which they can help out which are typically Mon – Fri
- Projects are advertised on a monthly basis and teams are usually looking 3 months ahead so think longer term rather than short term
Just drop me a line and I’ll get back to you for more info.
Employee Volunteering Advisor
Pls note, my working days are Mon – Thurs
Volunteer Centre Swindon 1 John Street, Swindon SN1 1RT Tel: 01793 420557