Plans are on schedule to partly open the new campus to the public this summer. We are in the process of finalising the opening dates and schedule and I will be in a position to share this with you next week.
To get us ready for this, construction workers from Midas are working extremely hard to get the finishing touches completed in the new campus building. Work this week has included:
• Electrical testing
• Biomass boiler commissioned
• Stainless steel counters installed in the cafe kitchen and training kitchen
• Glazed partition wall installed between the library and cafe
• Carpet tiles laid in the library
• Ceilings installed in the main corridor (ground floor)
• Temporary flooring for gym installed in room 2
• Blinds installation in progress
• Vinyl flooring in progress on the ground floor
• External decoration (new build) complete
• Library furniture delivered.
Once the campus new build is complete and open, works will begin on the next phase of the project which is to carry out maintenance and improvements to the leisure facilities at Springfield. Further details on what this will mean for existing leisure centre users will follow very shortly.
I am pleased to report that Cabinet Minister Francis Maude MP visited the new campus last Friday. Francis Maude is the minister responsible for, amongst other things, public sector efficiencies and reform, and was impressed by Springfield campus and Wiltshire Council’s whole campus programme.
Don’t forget to follow the campus on Twitter @CorshamCampus and as usual, please get in touch if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
Enjoy the sunshine safely this weekend.
Community Engagement Officer
Springfield Community Campus, Corsham