Wiltshire’s 18 area boards are committed to supporting young people and local groups to come together to offer a range of activities for those aged 13-19. The activities are also for those aged up to 25 with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Activities on offer include arts, music, sports, leisure and other after school activities where young people can make friends in a fun and safe environment.
The community area boards have funding available to provide these activities for young people. This funding has also helped to employ a community youth officer to:
- Be the ‘go to’ person for youth issues and signpost young people to activities
- Help to develop activities in the community by talking to young people
- Supporting young people so that they have a voice in the community area boards
- Start and manage local youth and community projects
- Deliver reports to the LYN and area board on the needs, outcomes, priorities and objectives for local activities
If you are interested in delivering activities or have a great idea for a youth project – you can now sign up to your brand new local youth network and access funding. Fill in this simple LYN Sign-up form to get the ball rolling.
The area board and local youth network will contact local providers to deliver activities. This will happen through grant funding or buying from an accredited provider catalogue.
- You can get up to £5000 for your project by completing our online application form
- The final decision will then be made by your local area board.
- Browse grants that have been submitted in Wiltshire
- Existing applicants log in
- Our local grants criteria
Accredited provider catalogue
We have a catalogue of accredited providers so that services and activities can be purchased for young people. To register please visit supplying south west. From the home page please click on opportunities then click on register free and follow the instructions. To become an accredited provider, download and complete the accreditation questionnaire.
Please note: you do not need to be on the accredited provider catalogue to apply for grant funding.
For information please contact email@example.com
- Activities toolkit – a step by step guide
- Community First
- Develop Enhancing Community Support
- Wessex Community Action
- Wiltshire Children and Families Voluntary Sector Forum