The first phase of Springfield Community Campus opened this summer and now provides the community with a fantastic facility that includes a library, cafe, climbing wall, temporary fitness suite, exhibition space, flexible community rooms and much more.
The second phase of the campus programme to refurbish the old Springfield Leisure Centre is now underway. This second phase will also provide external landscaping, provision of an external play area and additional customer car parking.
During the programme, Wiltshire Council has identified fundamental work, including electrical and plumbing improvements, as being necessary to ensure the building is fit-for-purpose and sustainable for the future. Also, as part of the Springfield campus programme, additional enhancements have been identified that will improve what the campus offers to the local community and ensure its sustainability in the future. These include;
• The provision of a new fitness suite – bigger than the original plans
• A refurbished swimming pool, complete with new male and female changing rooms
• A new health suite, with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and direct access to the pool and changing areas
• Reconfiguring one of the multi-purpose rooms to provide a party room for children’s parties and activities in school holidays
• Improvements to the landscaping and the development of an outside area for community activities and events.
Contractors to deliver these enhancements are currently being invited to tender. It is planned that the selected contractor will commence on site in February 2015 with an expected completion date of May 2015. Therefore we envisage that the swimming pool and full campus facility will become available to the community from early summer 2015.
Community Engagement Officer
Twitter – www.twitter.com/CorshamCampus
Web – www.springfieldcampus.org.uk