Wiltshire libraries in Calne, Corsham and Warminster are taking part in Fun Palaces 2017 on Saturday 7 October.
Fun Palaces 2017 is a free international celebration of community, bringing people together with arts, science, crafts and tech.
The events are being held from 10am-2pm, and will feature fun activities such as creative writing, crafts, dancing, photography and much more.
Based on a never-built idea from theatre director Joan Littlewood and architect Cedric Price, the first Fun Palaces took place in the UK and worldwide in October 2014, when 138 venues, locations, communities and groups created their own local events.
Approximately 40,000 people participated in person, while tens of thousands more engaged with them online. By 2016, the third Fun Palaces weekend, 292 Fun Palaces across the world were made by 4,800 people with 124,000 taking part.
John Thomson, cabinet member for libraries, said: “Fun Palaces are a great initiative and we look forward to welcoming them to our libraries in Calne, Corsham and Warminster.
“The events offer something for all ages, and bring the perfect opportunity for children and adults to learn something new, and try activities such as dancing, cookery and crafts.
“I hope as many people as possible can attend these exciting events.”
Full details of the activities on offer are below, or please call your local participating library for more information.
Calne Community Hub & Library, The Strand, Calne SN10 0JU
- The Farm Cookery School, the joy of spiralising and rainbow coleslaw
- White Horse Samba Band with Swans and Cygnets samba dancers for adults and children
- A talk about gin by New Wine Shop
- Build and play for children and cartooning for teens
Corsham Library, Springfield Centre, Beechfield Road, Corsham SN13 9DN
- Photography with the Corsham Photographic Society
- Creative writing with local author Tanvir Bush
- Spider crafts for Corsham Pound Arts Magic and Mayhem Festival
Warminster Library, Three Horseshoes Walk, Warminster, BA12 9BT
- Lego robotics club
- Anybody can cook sessions
- Tumble tots