Dementia Awareness Week 2015 (DAW2015) is taking place from 17-23 May in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and our aim is to get across to as many people as possible that life doesn’t end when dementia begins.
During the week, we’ll be showcasing the many ways in which we help people living with dementia to hold onto their lives and the things they love for longer, and to try new things and have new experiences too.
So, to help spread this message, during DAW2015, we’re asking you to ‘do something new’. You could:
• Become a Dementia Friend (if you are not already)
• Find a new sport or exercise to try out for the first time
• Write a letter to your MP and get dementia on their agenda
• Get a totally new hairstyle (or colour!)
• Volunteer as a Dementia Friends Champion
Whatever you choose, by doing something new, you can make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia.