Wiltshire Council is consulting on the Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy (November 2016) including its associated Action Plan and Needs Assessment and the Community Area Profiles for the Wiltshire Open Space Study.
The consultation will run from Wednesday 23rd November until 5pm, Monday 9th January, 2017.
The Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy is based on ‘Playing Pitch Strategy Guidance’ produced in 2013 by Sport England and has been informed by responses to earlier targeted consultations from Parish and Town Councils and local clubs in relation to local provision.
In order to finalise the Strategy, the Council is seeking your views on the Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy, which comprises a number of documents:
• ‘Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy’ – an overarching document providing context and guidance for the future provision and protection of pitch sport opportunities within Wiltshire;
• ‘Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy: Action Plan Part 1’ – generic actions relating to the objectives set out in the overarching Strategy document;
• ‘Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy: Action Plan Part 2’ Community Area Profiles’ – 18 separate profiles (based on Community Board areas) setting out the issues and priorities for each area in relation to playing pitches;
• ‘Draft Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy: Needs Assessment’ – technical document examining overall supply and demand for pitch sports that has formed the evidence base for the above documents.
The Council recognises the importance of local knowledge, especially in relation to a Strategy that covers playing pitches provided by numerous partner organisations, therefore your response to this consultation would be welcomed.
In particular, the Council would welcome your views on the issues and priorities identified for each of the Community Areas in Part 2 of the Action Plan and whether there are any omissions in the documents.
In addition, in 2015, the Council consulted on Part 1 of the Wiltshire Open Space Study, which made recommendations for the protection and provision of open space within Wiltshire. Part 2 of the Study is the supporting Community Area Profiles that provide more localised information. These identify the types of open space in each Community Area and set out local issues and priorities in relation to provision. The Council would also welcome your views on the issues and priorities identified in the Community Area Profiles for the Wiltshire Open Space Study.
• Part 1 of the Wiltshire Open Space Study – for information
• Part 2 of the Wiltshire Open Space Study – for consultation
The above documents will provide the evidence base in planning for the protection and provision of open space for sport and recreation.
How to view the consultation documents
The consultation documents can be viewed:
• online via the councils consultation portal.
• at Wiltshire Council’s main office hubs at Monkton Park (Chippenham), Bourne Hill (Salisbury) and County Hall (Trowbridge) during normal opening hours.
How to comment on the consultation documents
A representation form and accompanying guidance note have been prepared to assist you in responding to the consultation.
We welcome your comments in writing by 5pm on Friday 6th January 2017 via the following means:
• online via the council’s consultation portal: http://consult.wiltshire.gov.uk/portal
(You are encouraged to respond in this way if you can, to assist the council in managing the representations received)
• by email using the representation form available via the consultation portal and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• by post in writing to: Leisure Services, Public Health & Public Protection, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN.
Any representation may be accompanied by a request to be notified at a specified address (email preferable) of the following: the adoption of the Wiltshire Playing Pitch Strategy
For further information please contact Leisure Services on 01225 716687 or email email@example.com.