Corsham Area Board agreed to support 12 local projects at its meetings last Thursday as it continues to support work in the community to make our area an even better place to live.
Grants amounting to £33,604.50 were agreed as those in the room heard about a huge variety of projects ranging from dry stone walling with school children to a mobile community centre.
Corsham Area Board has different budgets from which it can support local projects. These include Health and wellbeing, transport, youth and capital grants. The projects agreed last night were:
- Open Blue Bus awarded £3,000 for youth engagement and outreach in rural and outlying areas.
- KIK Radio awarded £4,479 for accredited introduction courses.
- Last Baguette Theatre awarded £2,640 for youth theatre outreach work Corsham.
- GoActiv awarded £3,000 for parkour event
- Pound Arts awarded £3,400 for 13-19 year olds in and around Corsham to take over programming of some events in the Blue Sky Festival 15-18 June 2017
- Springfield Community Gardens awarded up to £5k to improve the grounds and create a community space
- Springfield Arts Group awarded £350 to ensure they can continue for the coming year
- ‘Warm and Safe’ project awarded £1k to run training and advice regarding cooking and heating for the vulnerable
- The Open Blue Trust awarded £3,898 towards the conversion of the bus.
- Colerne Rugby Football Club awarded £5,000 towards new changing rooms.
- 1st Lacock Scout Group awarded £1,337.50 towards a new trailer.
- FRESCO awarded £500 for dry stone wall project.
If you would like to discuss if the Area Board can help you with funding your project then speak to Richard.email@example.com or go to the Area Boards Web Pages