The information in the following section is a copy of the response to questions from the Community Operations Board Page of this website originally published on the 10th January.
This page will be updated with FAQ’s throughout the project.
Thank you for your supportive comments about the campus, both the Corsham COB and the Council are working hard to ensure that the project is a success. In response to your questions:
- The COB was appointed by the Corsham Area Board through an expression of interest process where local people applied to be a part of the group. The Area Board decided who they though best broadly represented the community, noting that it is not possible to have a specific representative for all sectors of the community and the COB will need to carry out various consultations to ensure that everyone can make representation.
- The COB are a working group of the Corsham Area Board, which is the local committee of elected Wiltshire Councillors.
- The COB will remain in their present guise until either the COB or the local Area Board decide that there is a need to consider additional skills that might be required.
- The Council is in the process of letting the construction contract to the preferred contractor Midas, details of which will be published once the contract has been let.
- The Council has used the South West Construction Framework as a vehicle for the procurement of the main contractor for Springfield Campus. This is a Public Sector Framework that has been used extensively by Local Authorities and is fully compliant with OJEU Procurement Regulations. Due to the value of the main contract, this has to be procured in accordance with OJEU Regulations. The use of the South West Construction Framework allows Wiltshire Council to be fully compliant with these Regulations, whilst also ensuring that this work is placed with a Regional supplier. The tender process for the main works at Springfield has been a Two-Stage process and the project is still currently at Stage Two, with detailed prices for the works being evaluated. Consequently, at this point in time, no formal appointment of the Design Build contractor has been made by Wiltshire Council
- The development will be project managed by Wiltshire Councils Transformation Team who will be working in conjunction with a Project Manager from Wiltshire Council Strategic Property Services.
- The development schedule is currently being developed and will not be completed until the contract is let. It is the intention of the Council and the COB to provide further updates as the project progresses on this website.
- The Project is to be managed in accordance with the NEC3 Form of Contract which has provision (Option X7 for delay damages). It should be emphasised that contractual arrangements for damages provide a legal recourse for the Employer (in this case Wiltshire Council) to recover costs incurred as a result of a delay, but is not a penalty.
- The funding to deliver the campus for Corsham was approved by Wiltshire Council Cabinet in December 2011 and forms part of the Council’s capital programme.
- The funding to deliver the campus for Corsham will not be affected by any pressures on the Council’s overall budget as the delivery of the campus has already been accounted for in the Council’s financial business plan.
- It is intended that the COB and Wiltshire Council will update the community on the progress of the project through online forums such as this, communication on site, and through the Area Board, which meets every 6 weeks for a public meeting. In addition the main contractor will be providing regular update newsletters to inform local residents on the progress of the build.
- The current plans have been developed from consultation with the local community to ensure they are fit for the local area. The outcome from the consultation provided the basis for the campus proposal in Corsham and in particular the inclusion of the climbing wall which was suggested and supported by local young people in Corsham.
Thank you once for your supportive comments about the campus and we will be providing regular updates to this website throughout the development.